Email: email@example.com Portfolio: http://www.joseabalos.com
Treyarch – Associate Game Designer
September 2016 – October 2018
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 (May 2017 – October 2018)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3: Zombies Chronicles (September 2016 – May 2017)
- Took ownership of the Zombies map Blood of the Dead, establishing player spawns, enemy spawns, playable areas, doors, perk machines locations and wallbuy locations.
- Implemented several sidequests and three steps for the Main Quest for the map Blood of the Dead using our propietary tools: Spoon Quest, Pack-a-Punch Quest, Hell’s Retriever Quest, Hell’s Redeemer Quest, Monkey Bomb Quest and Achievements.
- Wrote documentation for Hero Weapons and Sidequests in Blood of the Dead.
- Collaborated with lead designers, animators, environment artists and sound teams in porting eight Zombies maps into the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 engine. Took ownership of maps Ascension, Kino der Toten and Origins.
Disney Interactive/Avalanche Software – Level Designer
June 2014 – May 2016
- Disney Infinity 2.0 (June 2014 – September 2014)
- Disney Infinity 3.0 (October 2014 – January 2016)
- Disney Infinity 4.0 (Cancelled) (October 2015 – May 2016)
- Took ownership of six levels built using Maya and proprietary tools, from concept to post-launch support.
- Built five levels using Disney Infinity’s Toy Box tools that users could download from their consoles.
- Selected from the community to work full time at Avalanche Software
- Unreal Engine 4
- Visual Studio
- Adobe Premiere
Guildhall at SMU
Masters of Interactive Technology
2 Years, 2012-2014
- Level Design Certification
Universidad Catolica de Chile
Computer Science Degree
7 Years, 2005-2011
- Education Minor